Dawn's Center for Seniors offers a specialized program for seniors with Alzheimer's Disease and other memory related disorders. The focus of the program is to provide a safe and secure environment while promoting improved health, psychosocial well being and organized activities. Our staff of professional caregivers are trained to understand the unique needs of each resident and to provide individualized care based on special preferences and patterns, adding familiarity and predictability to our patients' lives.
Throughout the day, we offer pastimes that nurture the mind, body and spirit, cultivating all aspects of our residents' lives. By incorporating a supportive environment, cognitive enrichment programs and wellness promotion, we strive to achieve a purposeful, meaningful life for people with memory loss. We also provide families the tools and resources they need to help their loved one and deal with the challenges and emotions they experience.
Our goal is to get to know each resident and his or her family, so that we can offer just the right level of support for each situation at every stage in the disease process.
Dawn's memory care services include:
- Gathering a detailed life story from the family
- Personalizing the resident's environment to make the surroundings more comfortable and familiar
- Recreational and social programs based on personal preferences, interests and abilities
- Individualized reminders, redirection, medication, bathing and other specific needs
- A safe and secure environment
- 24-hour caring staff
- Daily housekeeping
- Personal laundry services
- Medication assistance
- Dressing and grooming supervision
- Bathing assistance
- Bathroom supervision and incontinence care
- Physical therapy
- Home health care nursing